30 Windsong Pl, Whispering Pines, NC 28327
2660Sf | 2Br 2 Bath | Modernist Ranch | $284,900
HOME IS CURRENTLY OCCUPIED AND WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR BUYER AND AGENT PREVIEWS AFTER JULY 11, 2018
Extraordinary Modernist Ranch with Stunning Fairway and Water Views.
"If houses reflect the times they were designed, midcentury modern is the architecture of ideas, created by those who believed the forward-looking style could be a vehicle for social change to create a better society. Characterized by flat planes, large glass windows and open space, these homes -- built from 1945 to the 1980s -- featured simplicity and an integration with nature, encouraging residents to explore the world in new ways." -HGTV.com
Designed and built by renowned architect Stephen R Isom in 1969, this Mid-Century modern home is an architectural purist's expression that leaves nothing to compromise. Expansive living rooms stretch toward towering floor-to-ceiling windows, each offering wide views of the Whispering Pines Pines Course's stunning 11th hole. Set privately between fairway and ponds, owners and guests connect with nature on their choice of four outdoor patios - one for every room. The front entry foyer is flanked by natural planters and large windows. A central formal living room doubles as an office or media room. The large renovated kitchen features modern amenities and generous granite surface area. The double-car attached garage conveniently connects to the kitchen and accommodates additional storage.
The owner and guest bedrooms are located opposite of public entertaining spaces offering peaceful respite from a bustling day. Recessed lights illuminate from above throughout and closets feature integrated light switches. The owner's suite is augmented by a large ensuite walk-through closet with a separate vanity, and the oversized, sunken, tile shower room elevates each wash to a spa-level experience.
Currently for sale through the Summer of 2018, this captivating property will only be available for a limited time. Don't miss this opportunity to experience the Modernist lifestyle in peaceful Whispering Pines. For questions or to schedule a private tour please contact the current owners using the message form below. (scroll down)
Floor Plan Detail
- 2660 Sf Single Floor Living
- Slab Foundation
- Open Living and Kitchen
- Large Wood Burning Fireplace with Slate Surround and Hearth
- 2-Car Attached Garage
- Slate Tile Flooring in Entry, Living, and Dining
- Designer Carpet in Bedrooms
- Floor To Ceiling Glass in Every Room
- Sliding Glass Doors Lead to Brick Patios from Every Room
- Master EnSuite with Designer Walk-Through Vanity Closet
- Oversized Sunken Walk-in Master Shower
- Recessed Lighting
- Built-In Glass Shelving
- Renovated Kitchen with Granite Tops
- Pantry and Laundry Room with Utility Sink and Skylight
- Landscape Lighting
- Circle Asphalt Driveway
- Village of Whispering Pines
- Nearby Grocery
- Nearby Hardware
- 12 Min Drive to Pinehurst and Downtown Southern Pines
- Nearby Moore County Airport
- Driving Distance to Triangle Area
- ZERO Crime Statistics
- Village Police, Fire, & Rescue Departments
- Low Tax Rate
- Municipal Water & Sewer
- Driving Distance to Fort Bragg Army Base
Local Art & Nature
- Nearby Sandhills Horticulture Gardens & Trails
- Sunrise Theater in Downtown Southern Pines
- Fine Dining and Fine Art in Neighboring Pinehurst
- Weymouth Literary and Cultural Center in Southern Pines
- 8 Nearby Lakes with Walking Trails and Picnic Facilities
- Whispering Pines Garden Club
- Pinehurst Annual Food and Wine Festival
- Local Area Handmade Pottery
- Whispering Pines - River Course
- Fairways Demand Accuracy
- 6521 Yards from Back Tee
- Bentgrass Greens
- Whispering Pines - Pines Course
- True "Inland Links" Style
- 7094 Yards from Back Tee
- Bermuda Greens
- Pinehurst - No 2
- Donald Ross 1907
- US Open Championship Course
- 7588 Yards from Blue Tee
- Champion Ultradwarf Greens
- Pinehurst - No 9
- Jack Nicklaus 1988
- Diverse Plays at Each Hole
- 7118 Yards from Blue Tee
- Penn and Creeping Bentgrass Greens
Life in Whispering Pines
The Village was founded in 1959 and was the first to be incorporated by an act of the N.C. General Assembly in 1969. Whispering Pines residents come from many different places, but they all share a desire to preserve the quiet, tranquil Village environment they enjoy. Retirees and younger families alike can appreciate the safe, stress-free haven that Whispering Pines offers.
From the moment visitors enter Whispering Pines, they can see and feel that it is a special place. Eight lakes offer their special beauty, and three championship golf courses are among the best in the Sandhills.
Within the Village is a country club which boasts two championship golf courses, a beautiful clubhouse with dining rooms, bar and pro shops, tennis courts and swimming pool. Membership is optional for property owners. Another golf club with an 18-hole course is also available for membership.
The towns of Southern Pines and Pinehurst are within ten minutes drive, offering excellent restaurants, modern shopping plazas, and small quaint specialty shops. Nearby Sandhills Community College offers a wide variety of lectures, concerts and exhibits, including one of the most popular horticultural gardens in the state.
Only seven miles from the Village is FirstHealth Moore Regional Hospital. FirstHealth is a modern full service facility that is rated in the top 100 in the nation with an oncology wing affiliated with Duke University Hospital. Offices and clinics of a variety of medical specialists are part of the broad spectrum of medical care within the FirstHealth Moore Regional area.
Adjacent to the Whispering Pines corporate limits is the Moore County Airport.